The settings from the “Orders” preference page apply to the orders that your customers make, but also to some other details, such as gifting.
- Order process type. By default, the customer has to go through 5 steps in order to complete the checkout process, each on a different page. However, you can choose to have it all done in a single page. The page will be longer, but some customers might prefer this approach.
- Enable guest checkout. Allows non-registered visitors to place an order, without having to create an account.
- Disable reordering option. If set to “Yes”, customers will not be able to reorder something in one click by going to their order history (this is requirement in some European countries: you must disable this option – and thus put this option on “Yes”).
- Minimum purchase total required in order to validate order. Indicates the minimum amount that must be in the shopping cart to submit an order. If the amount in this field is not reached, your customer cannot complete their purchase. If you do not want to set a minimum amount, enter “0” in the field.
- Delayed shipping. If you enable the “Allow ordering of out-of-stock products” option (in the “Products” preference page), you can allow order items to be dispatched as they become available, in as many shipment as needed (depending on how you team sees it fit). Initially, YourShop will split the order in two: the available items are sent right away, while the other items become a second order, waiting to be validated.
- Terms of service. Makes your customers have to accept your terms of service before they can validate an order.
- CMS page for the Conditions of use. Your shop’s “conditions of use” are to be stored in a static page (a “CMS page”). Select which page to use so that YourShop can point to it correctly.
- Offer gift wrapping. Have PrestaShop suggest gift-wrapping to customer, and the possibility of adding a printed a message. It is always a nice feature for people who want to send gifts through your shop.
- Gift-wrapping price. Sets the price of your gift-wrapping service.
- Gift-wrapping tax. If needed, indicates to which local tax the gift-wrapping is tied. You can add more taxes in the “Taxes” page, in the “Localization” menu.
- Offer recycled packaging. If you can offer this service, many customers will appreciate it.